top of page

Giving Opportunities FAQ

What are the different ways I can donate to the animals? 

We always appreciate appropriate donations. Donations can be items called “In Kind” donations and/or a cash gift, given once or on a recurring basis.

  • In Kind donations may include such items as food, towels, litter or pet toys. Our “Wish List” is available here. We also recycle aluminum cans, old cell phones and used ink cartridges for cash.

  • You can promote spaying and neutering in the community by donating to our spay/neuter voucher program, SNAP.

  • We have two adoption programs that you can donate toward: Silver Lining for Seniors and Senior to Senior. These programs make it possible for older citizens to be able to adopt at a reduced cost.

  • Tribute donations are monetary donations made in memory or in honor of a person or a pet. This is a special way to remember or honor animal lovers or the animals you or they love.

  • Giving can be accomplished through the Maryland Charity Campaign (state employees) or the Combined Federal Campaign (Federal employees). Check with your employer’s Human Resources department to enroll.

  • You can establish Planned Giving, such as bequests and charitable trusts.

  • Time. You can always donate your time by signing up for our volunteer program.

I want to leave you a bequest - how do I do that? 

To leave a bequest to the HSWC you will need to establish the conditions of that donation in your will. We suggest you put your wishes in writing and then contact your attorney to establish a will that provides specific details on the disposition of your estate. If you need assistance or more information you can call extension 237.

Can I donate a car to HSWC?

Absolutely! Learn more here.

Different Ways
Trinity Souders.jpg
bottom of page