Make a Splash at the Humane Society of Washington County’s 19th Annual Pooch Plunge
What: The Pooch Plunge gives dogs a chance to enjoy a dip in the pool as summer comes to an end!
Why: To raise funds to help animals in need at the Humane Society of Washington County (HSWC)
Lead Corporate Sponsor: Hearty Pet Retail
Supporting Sponsor (of Potterfield Pool Plunge only): City of Hagerstown
Cost: $5 per dog (Additional donations are welcome!)
Who May Attend: General public, friendly dogs (more details below)
When and Where:
Plunge 1: Tuesday, September 6 from 6 – 8 pm at Claude M. Potterfield Pool, 730 Frederick Street, Hagerstown
Plunge 2: Thursday, September 8 from 6 - 8 pm at Martin L. “Marty” Snook Memorial Park, 17901 Halfway Boulevard, Hagerstown
· Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination.
· Owners are limited to two dogs. Pets should be kept under control at all times.
· Dogs must wear a collar with proper ID at all times.
· All pets must enter and exit the pool facility on a leash.
· No dogs in any stage of heat may participate.
· No puppies under 4 months of age may attend. No exceptions will be made.
· Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
· Pet first aid will be available.
· This year, we’re introducing a VIP (Very Important Pooch) hour at the Marty Snook Pool event! This added hour, from 4:30 – 5:30 pm, is designated for dogs who are seniors, service animals, intimidated by crowds or have physical limitations. VIP requires $15 advance registration and spots are limited. Visit https://hswcmd.networkforgood.com/events/46597-pooch-plunge-vip-hour-at-marty-snook-pool to purchase a VIP ticket.